Linthicum Heights, MD
Must have a DoD Clearance, Minimum Security+, and a CCNA or CCNP. Must have experience securing and engineering Cisco Networks. If you meet this criteria keep reading. If you do not meet this criteria your resume will be rejected.
In this role you will be responsible for the installation and administration of Cisco
switches and routers, Palo Alto firewalls and network management tools supporting
the DC3 networks on different domain classifications of Department of Defense. The
Network Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, installations, maintenance,
conversion, cutovers and sustainment of IT components. Maintain, support, and
troubleshoot several classified and unclassified networks to include: NIPRNET,
SIPRNET, JWICS, and other networks as required. Creates, maintains, and
implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
Consultant for systems problems and solutions beyond the knowledge of technical
tier one and tier two support staff.
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
LOCATION: Linthicum, MD
CITIZENSHIP/CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: US Citizen / Secret; with ability to obtain TS/SCI
Working knowledge of the VPN and the Internet Protocol
– Security (IPsec) that enables VPNs
– Experience with IAVA, security checklists
– Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as SolarWinds
– Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
– Experience with Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
– Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
DoD 8570 IAM LVL I Certified required (Minimum SEC+ CE)
Cisco’s CCNA or CCNP
Years of Experience:
- 18-22 years of professional experience without a degree
- 10-14 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education;
- 8-12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree;
- 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; Considered an emerging authority / authority in discipline.
When responding, please include the following questions and answers in your email:
* When will you be available to start?
* What is your expected salary?
* What is your daytime phone number?
* Are you a United States citizen?
* Do you have an active DoD Clearance or any other Agency (DHS, DoE, etc.) clearances? Please
* What certifications do you have?
This is a great opportunity for those who have a strong background in cybersecurity and in an enterprise-wide systems management environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible and relaxed working environment. If you are ready to join a winning team and take the next step in your career, apply today by sending the answers to the above questions, a cover letter, and your résumé.
SecureStrux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.