Fort Meade, MD
IT Support Specialist position in FT Meade, MD. This position will provide IT and Network support to functional area of Special Projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifies user requirements and describes services available or refers inquiries to other staff
- Provides technical support of a limited scope to users and assists them in defining and solving computing problems within well-defined areas of responsibility
- Assists in preparing documentation of supported products for users
- Assists in preparing user training materials and conducts training sessions as assigned
- Performs programming tasks of limited scope to assist users
- Applies knowledge of computer science principles, information management principles, data processing functions, and Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems structures and operations, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automation problems
- Addresses scientific engineering or business objectives by writing, modifying, or adapting computer programs in machine level, assembly, and third or fourth generation programming languages
- Interfaces with and uses minicomputer and main computer systems in addressing project objectives
- Identifies and uses standard, unconventional, and original mathematical, algorithmic, and programmatic approaches to define, plan, organize, design, develop, modify, test, and integrate database or data processing systems, computer hardware systems, and simulation models
- Formulates architectural designs, functional specifications, interfaces, and documentation or hardware or software systems, considering system interrelationships, operating modes, and software or equipment configurations
- Develops design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure
- Researches unconventional application of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications, or adaptations of standardized techniques
- Develops project plans, guidelines, and controls
- Conducts individual and group training sessions and demonstrates how to use computer programs
- Develops, prepares, and evaluates training program outlines, training manuals, instructions, reference manuals, and other materials
- Provides training related to computerized applications
- Supports older technology during transition phases and tests new equipment, software, and technologies for replacement
- Monitors and distributes helpdesk calls and assists with report programming
- Possesses expert-level knowledge of computers and peripheral equipment, including operating systems and basic operations functions, system and memory configurations, and software
- Develops high-level system design diagrams, program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Conducts quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products
- Installs, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
- Monitors activity and components of data communications networks and identifies software and hardware malfunctions
- Determines users’ needs and problems, understands program requirements, and develops effective solutions; prepares documentation materials
- Presents technical concepts and procedures on software
- Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with groups and individuals and maintains effective working relationships
Education, Certifications and Level of Expertise:
Minimum five years of experience as an IT Specialist
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- The candidate MUST have TS/SCI and have had a Poly within the past 7 years.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
The employee will work at the client’s site, in FT Meade MD and will work within the clients working hours. When not required to be onsite remote work is required. SecureStruxis an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job requires sitting, standing, and repetitive motions, but is not physically demanding.