Authority to Operate (ATO) Accreditation
If your organization is new to the process of acquiring an Authority to Operate (ATO), struggling with getting through the process of obtaining an ATO or need assistance with re-certification or/continuous monitoring SecureStrux can help.
We at SecureStrux are intimately familiar with the Assessment and Authorization
(A&A) lifecycle. We thoroughly understand the processes, procedures, regulations, and associated policies that mandate the use of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Special Publication (NIST SP) 800.53 Security and Privacy Controls for compliance. Our team not only understand the intent of the guidance, but also the experience to properly implement and apply solutions to meet the various requirements of the control families.
All too often, organizations and agencies have their own processes for A&A, requiring specific documentation and guidelines. We have assisted a wide range of companies and federal agencies across various industries through this complex process. Our A&A experts can work through any applicable cybersecurity framework to ensure all of the A&A controls, processes and procedures are thoroughly completed efficiently and on-time to get your organization prepared for ATO submission and accreditation.
SECURESTRUX SUPPORTS A RANGE OF A&A NEEDS SUCH AS:
- Articulating and designating security controls in a System Security Plan (SSP)
- Defining system boundaries
- Establishing security categorizations according to FIPS PUB 199
- Assessing the effectiveness of the security controls in place with a Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and Security Assessment Report (SAR)
- Managing and remediating weaknesses uncovered as a result of an assessment through continuous monitoring and creating Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) when required
- Document Preparation – RMF requires a great deal of documentation, such as, but not limited to:
- System Security Plan (SSP)
- Systems Administrator Guide (SAG)
- Contingency and Business Continuity Plan (CBCP)
- Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP)
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Incident Response Plan (IRP)
- Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- Other policies, procedures, and/or plans as needed
WE ALSO PROVIDE A MULTITUDE OF A&A SERVICES SUCH AS:
- General Consulting
- Control Assessments
- Gap Analysis
- System Hardening
- We can support your entire RMF A&A lifecycle process. Our complete package includes all of the above services and more. Let us help you meet and exceed your A&A requirements, so you can focus on your mission and what you do best.
- eMASS support